Assistant Quantity Surveyor required to assist in the commercial management of projects throughout their entire life cycle, from inception to post-completion.
Dragon Infrastructure Solutions is an independent connections provider where typical projects include new electricity and gas connections in the commercial, retail, hospitals, schools, leisure and new housing industry where project values range from £50,000 to £4 Million.
The ideal candidate will have two years + experience as a Trainee/ Assistant Quantity Surveyor with a main contractor and will be required to assist the operations team with refining, monitoring and controlling costs of live projects.
· Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of a project from inception to post-completion.
· Reviewing project costs to ensure effective cost management controls maintained
· Liaison with clients, subcontractors and other third parties
· Estimating, evaluating and agreeing variations
· Occasional site visits
· Agreeing final accounts
· Undertaking reviews of commercial contracts prior to sign off
· Assisting in the timely preparation of contract applications.
· Attendance at pre start meetings
· Providing advice and assistance to other members of staff.
· Minimum of 2 years’ QS experience
· Degree qualified in a relevant field
· Articulate and numerate
· Good communicator, written and spoken
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail
- Computer literate.
- Ability to perform well as part of a team
· Knowledge of the construction industry