An exciting temporary position has arisen for a cable harness assembler to join a leading energy chain and bearing systems manufacturing company.
We manufacture and assemble cable which is ready made to our customer requirements and have a large customer base, across many different industries.
The temporary ready chain role will be for a 6 month contract with the potential to become permanent. The job will involve working within our warehouse being able to do the following:
- Attaching cable to plugs/sockets using soldering irons and crimps
- Reading orders and wiring diagrams to determine materials needed and sequence of assembly
- Continuity testing using cable eye system
- Labelling cables for identification
The successful cable harness assembler will have :
- Previous experience in crimping and soldering cables
- IPC qualification in soldering would be an advantage but not a necessity
- Excellent computer skills and have good knowledge in using excel based tools
- Knowledge in preparing drawings and materials needed in the assembly of ready chain
The ideal candidate will have experience working within an electrical background. This could be working within an electric panel building company or harnessing. The job is very intricate so requires somebody with an eye for detail, efficiency and speed.